Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrote a program that writes stories

Type
    INTP

Wrote a program that writes stories

And I can't stop reading them because they're kind of fascinating even though they're nonsense.

Basically it just takes one story as input, records which word comes after each other word, and scrambles them up while maintaining those relationships.

But this time he came very doorstep, amid the peaked roofs of heroes that there were faint, lone campfires at great oaks of the channel cliffs, and remind him so that sail in a red-roofed pagoda, and where even the village that world fell abruptly into that stretch down to the nebulous memories of the great stone bridge by another night Kuranes wished to dream Kuranes came home from the glittering minarets of childhood. He dared not snatched away, and red-roofed pagodas, that leads to realise that few men could be seen. Beyond that he knew from the Tanarian Hills, where the horizon, where gathered the village. He had floated easily in naked ugliness the sky.

More than ever Kuranes awaked the hill amid the merchants and the horizon, where all the horizon, where the ruin and visions of his fabulous city of the turquoise temple of enchanted hills and remind him to whom he had indeed come back through the small houses hid sleep as he shewed it, had lain since King Kynaratholis came to him so there were gone, and where thirteen generations of the ripples sparkled beneath the last of people of the darkness before him, waked him, and Athib told him home, for the bubbling Naraxa on the channel cliffs, and butterflies. On another night Kuranes was none other than ever have been about it, he had passed. Then he knew from his conquests to many years ago, and asked the hill amid scented grasses and the ivory gates and the splendid city of Celepha´s in the indifferent millions of Nath-Horthath, where he had been about him, the village. The village that spread away at the peaked roofs of his feet rested gently on the city, and unheard-of places, no people about to sleep or causeway of the great oaks of infinity, and the world fell abruptly into that few men from the Tanarian Hills. One night with swaying trees of Ooth-Nargai and butterflies. On another name. Perhaps it was none other than Celepha´s, in the peering stars. Faith had sat upon that seemed not snatched away, and the city of the pink marble walls discoloured, nor the death lying upon Mount Aran rising regally from some feature or arrangement which he watched the billowy Cerenerian Sea that he had carved his dreams carried him that leads to find Ooth-Nargai, but preferred to the billowy Cerenerian Sea that any goal. He had been drawn down to open in the moon and where thirteen generations of Pillars to lessen or death. In the urges and still as young as men we try to any goal. Then a new name; for those alluring regions where he had known before. He had dwelt all the valley, and the ripples sparkled beneath an unknown sun, and strange, shaggy herds with swaying trees and it again when as of thick forests; and cities of his dreams; and write of golden cliffs overhanging murmuring seas, of all the park, and where rode lightly the sky. And now he dreamed first of that few men could see strange men from life its white path toward the village. The more he had indeed come back to remember, we think like a snow-capped mountain near the vengeance of Kuranes, for just as of myth, and did not lead to the abyss where the gardens, of the water. And he withdrew from life its embroidered robes of the ivory gates into sight there were the long grass, and aspirations of Celepha´s in his ancestors had he beheld the sky. There are opened to Celepha´s. As before, he had never been drawn down a galley paused not disobey the city, and it was the seaward wall, where the grey dawn he not at the summons for beauty of the park, and the small wooden bridge where he had indeed come back through the silent city in space, and of awaking, for beauty alone. When he walked up from the wildest part of Ooth-Nargai had plodded on either side were the highest of the onyx pavements, the Valley of long grass, and did not care for when as he sought for when the channel cliffs, and unhappy.

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    wow that's so cool

kind of reminds me of the book Tree of Codes https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-tree-of-codes "Inspired to exhume a new story from an existing text, Jonathan Safran Foer has taken his "favorite" book, The Street of Crocodiles by Polish-Jewish writer Bruno Schulz, and used it as a canvas, cutting into and out of the pages, to arrive at an original new story told in Jonathan Safran Foer's own acclaimed voice."

(you can't tell from this picture, but the sentences are coherent)

Type
    INTP
    We have Turtles, we have Star Wars (and yes nobody uses them much - but they are cool!), can we have deconstruction/reconstruction quotes?

Deconstruction/reconstruction quote -> take block of test from prior post and re-order according to your algorithm.

joe

episode

episode number

But this time he came very doorstep, amid the peaked roofs of heroes that there were faint, lone campfires at great oaks of the channel cliffs, and remind him so that sail in a red-roofed pagoda, and where even the village that world fell abruptly into that stretch down to the nebulous memories of the great stone bridge by another night Kuranes wished to dream Kuranes came home from the glittering minarets of childhood. He dared not snatched away, and red-roofed pagodas, that leads to realise that few men could be seen. Beyond that he knew from the Tanarian Hills, where the horizon, where gathered the village. He had floated easily in naked ugliness the sky.

Type
    INTP
    I don't think I follow but the Star Wars thing is win

Quote Originally Posted by Starjots View Post
    We have Turtles, we have Star Wars (and yes nobody uses them much - but they are cool!), can we have deconstruction/reconstruction quotes?

Deconstruction/reconstruction quote -> take block of test from prior post and re-order according to your algorithm.

joe

episode

episode number

Type
    XNXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurast View Post
    And I can't stop reading them because they're kind of fascinating even though they're nonsense.

Basically it just takes one story as input, records which word comes after each other word, and scrambles them up while maintaining those relationships.
    Ah, the story of Kuranes...
    cute as a bug

Type
    INTP
    Here's output from grouping words in twos, so in the output "he had a dog" can only exist if somewhere in the input "he had" is followed by "a dog". As you might imagine it took a lot more words of input before it did something besides copy the input verbatim.

three times was he could not help making the more easterly of the rugged grey headlands, and ascending by hidden paths and ledges which a goat could scarcely have been fifteen or twenty feet they reared their grotesque ways and faces had aroused much comment; but they had never seen. Or if that entrance, too, was somewhat different; being here given over to geometrical arabesques. There were exceptions to this rule of strict censorship.

The sailor Larsen was first to spy certain things from some bare slope, outcropping, or mountain cave. Fortunately we had a kind of twilight hung about the unknown realm beyond those mysterious mountains. As our guarded messages stated, we rested at midnight after our day of terror and bafflement - but none ever went near them or dared to guess what lay beyond. Of course, we must have suspected was altogether too wild to believe. Such things did not invite solution. And what the structure and proportions of the metal objects were fashioned. Four large Dornier aeroplanes, designed especially for the dawn of a greyish day. when the light was all they ever did was clutch and fly and tickle; that was the almost universal system of mural sculpture, which tended to run like mad past squawking, confused penguins over our former trail back to Dylath-Teen and up the Street of Pillars to the old southern base above the myriad domed turrets glowed with a tarpaulin, emerged from the nameless and horrible westward mountains, and up into the old sea wall, where he talked more with the penguins in the hope of dodging pursuit. If the fate which screened us was benign, that which gave us the first hint of something unusual. If we had previously encountered.

The regularity of the passage immediately ahead, as well as by a careful series of surprise attacks, taking individual cats or groups of dots in imitation of the other. As we advanced we occasionally looked down at the snow line, and looked up to see a terrible and incredible secrets of primal nature.

I have said that our study of coast lines probably made during long exploration flights on those fanlike membranous wings, had evidently declined to zero among the vague dark forms and heard a peculiar and unorthodox slashings conceivably due to clumsy efforts at unimaginable adaptations. The maltreatment of the way.

Finally, the moonbeast galley being safely in the hope that my account will not arouse a curiosity greater than sane caution on the part of some importance appeared, and made significant signs to the misty twilight of that upper world - a brilliant young fellow named Danforth - pointed out that the ship was indeed one of the Great Ones atop unknown Kadath.

Type
    INTP
    I made a program that uses part-of-speech tagged sentences, and replaces the words with words that are the same part-of-speech. Similar output to this, but different method :P

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I wrote a program that finds all letter combinations a word can make. I would take too long to generate sentences with my code.

A seven letter word would have 7^7 combinations minus however much for non-repeating letter redundancy.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    I made a program that uses part-of-speech tagged sentences, and replaces the words with words that are the same part-of-speech. Similar output to this, but different method :P
    Did you use WordNet? I was looking into using that for making a program to translate stories into the lexicons of famous authors.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurast View Post
    Did you use WordNet? I was looking into using that for making a program to translate stories into the lexicons of famous authors.
    Nah I used NLTK