Page 236 of 236 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236
Results 2,351 to 2,357 of 2357

Thread: I just saw...

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    Our Boys is the best show out right now.
    Agreed. It's one of the few shows from which I actually feel like I'm learning something new about people (not so much the political or cultural aspects, but the psychological ones - the warping effects of extremism and alienation)

INFj-Ne (EII) / 9w1 sourpatchkid!'s Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    saw both the It movies, rented the first on Blu-Ray. liked the first more, but really appreciate what either King or the scriptwriters did with the second half. the heroes had to face themselves on an individual basis and destroy their pasts in order to defeat the clown.
    It's a new art form
    showing people how little
    we care

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    recent stuff

swiss army man (2016) - the opening scene made me laugh harder than... anything else i've ever seen. i can't believe this movie exists but i love that it does.

Spoiler: actually might be a spoiler
    the premise:
    Dano plays Hank Thompson, a man who is attempting suicide after being lost on an island, when he sees a corpse, portrayed by Radcliffe, wash ashore. He develops a type of friendship with the dead body and discovers that he can manipulate the cadaver like a Swiss Army knife.

<3 paul dano, and he and daniel radcliffe have great "chemistry" together. this was such a good stupid time, i really needed it. it's also really beautifully shot.

trumbo (2015) - ultimately formulaic, but worth watching. bryan cranston was great of course, but louis c.k. (wtf!) brought me out of the movie.

1st season of "new girl" - i didn't expect to love this, but i do. i guess i just need something light-hearted to watch or something and this cheers me up. i'm glad there are 7 seasons to get through. very binge-able.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 09-10-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    INTP
    I've been watching Season 3 of The Good Place. It's still one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's so good, I'm not binge watching.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    I watched an Indian movie called URI Surgical Strike.

It's pretty good for what it is. If you imagine a typical Hollywood movie about some dirty rotten Islamic terrorists killing some Marines and then their Marine brothers getting some pay back, this is what this movie is. With Pakistani Islamic terrorists attacking Indian army soldiers and getting some payback from Indian army special forces replete with a similar amount of 'Oorah!' to an American flick (although 'Ji Hind' seems to be the Indian Army go to).

There is a whole genre of these Indian military vs Pakistani terrorist action films. Ashkay Kumar stars in a bunch of them.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    I'm 5 episodes into Netflix's dark comedy Dead to Me, is great. Highly recommend.

Also watched The Following on Prime, bout a serial killer cults/s. Was reasonably good.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    INTP
    American Factory. How quickly did those managers visiting overseas drink the kool-aid?
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"