Page 207 of 210 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2097

Thread: I just saw...

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    lord of the rings: fellowship of the ring
    I went to Mordor today... Thinking of skiing off Mt Doom tomorrow.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    I went to Mordor today... Thinking of skiing off Mt Doom tomorrow.

WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    intp
    Haha...

Skinned up Ruapehu (where they filmed most of the Mordor shots) to the crater today which was quite nice.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Haha...

Skinned up Ruapehu (where they filmed most of the Mordor shots) to the crater today which was quite nice.

so beautiful... that looks NOTHING like mordor, lol. but mordor is beautiful in its own way.

my dream is to visit new zealand and mordor one day. have a spooky backpacking trip into the depths of moria then die in the shire
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    intp
    so beautiful... that looks NOTHING like mordor, lol. but mordor is beautiful in its own way.

my dream is to visit new zealand and mordor one day. have a spooky backpacking trip into the depths of moria then die in the shire
    There was a major film set going on in the photo below which on the above photo is to the far left and about half way up. That was accessible by road as it's by the bottom lift on the ski field.

I used to live about 20 km behind Samwise Gamgee's right shoulder. I broke my ankle rock climbing about 10 metres to the right of Sam.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ozark, Season 2

Very good ending.
    If there were comparisons to Breaking Bad before, this will really push it over the top. I'm starting to think of that woman as Wendy White.

Type
    INtP
    Active Measures--documentary on Hulu. I had known a lot of the tidbits, but had largely ignored a lot of the recent history about Ukrainian elections upheaval. I thought it was also interesting that supporting Ukrainian independence was removed from the Republican platform and even McCain was surprised/unnerved by that development. Good watch for anyone who is interested to know why people are interested in "the Russia thing."

Type
    INXj
    Binge-watched The Dragon Prince on Netflix. If you get passed through the framerate, you’ll probably appreciate how interesting the story is. Animé, dragons, dark magic = the right formula for me I guess. Looking forward to Season 2.

The Greatest Showman
    Wow. The story, acting, costume design, soundtrack all great. A personal favorite musical since Into The Woods.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    The Good Place: I finished watching the forking shirt out of this bench. Recommended. There's some stellar meta going on.

If you like Bojack Horseman, you probably knew season five was coming this month at least a month ago. You probably looked up when it would be released and considered doing a re-binge to get ready.

And if you're like me, you then didn't watch it on the first day because of a wee bit of trepidation that it might not be able to maintain. The first episode or two helped ease that a bit. It wasn't the same intensity of the previous season. It was more season 3 type material, but consistent and on the ball. It's quality.

Then somewhere around episode four the mood starts shifting. Episode five gives us a backstory we didn't know we needed. Then episode six, "Free Churro". The first couple episodes were just to help you in case you didn't bingepare, to get you back into the feel of Hollywoo.

The writing in "Free Churro" is worthy of analysis. The rhetorical devices, the timing, the rhythm of revelation--and the balls to have that structure.

I bet that "Free Churro" was where they started, but they realized they couldn't have that be their opening salvo. It's that absurd. Dementia-vision is a far far simpler pitch than that episode. I mean, just a synopsis on a 3x5 card would make anyone squint and say, "Really? Dude. Really? There's no way that will work."

It works.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    intp
    I just about have cancelled Netflix. Really found nothing great for a fair while.

But I've just started Maniac, and it seems like it could be great. I hope it is. (previously I thought some other series, like star trek, would be great, but turned into piles of shit) It may turn into a pile of shit, and it just looks promising at first.

I hate series that just go through motions.

It seems kind of superficial, to explicit call attention to it. I'm not sure what it is exactly. What is the director doing that is different? Just being different? E.g. there's a difference between something like Eternal Sunshine [...] and the usual tedious shit. Obviously there are differences in story, and so on. In this series, obviously the story is different; the guy is schizophrenic or something. Also, how it's filmed. Usually everything is literal. Just a flat backdrop. Nothing else going on with it. In this series, it's all pretty creative. They're actually thinking about it. I'm not sure if this is reality, or the perspective of this guy who probably is schizophrenic. This makes things more interesting. And I don't really understand why this isn't done more. I wish there were more series that tried to do something interesting, rather than just phone it in.