Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208
Results 2,071 to 2,076 of 2076

Thread: I just saw...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by scarydoor View Post
    I just about have cancelled Netflix. Really found nothing great for a fair while.

But I've just started Maniac, and it seems like it could be great. I hope it is. (previously I thought some other series, like star trek, would be great, but turned into piles of shit) It may turn into a pile of shit, and it just looks promising at first.

I hate series that just go through motions.

It seems kind of superficial, to explicit call attention to it. I'm not sure what it is exactly. What is the director doing that is different? Just being different? E.g. there's a difference between something like Eternal Sunshine [...] and the usual tedious shit. Obviously there are differences in story, and so on. In this series, obviously the story is different; the guy is schizophrenic or something. Also, how it's filmed. Usually everything is literal. Just a flat backdrop. Nothing else going on with it. In this series, it's all pretty creative. They're actually thinking about it. I'm not sure if this is reality, or the perspective of this guy who probably is schizophrenic. This makes things more interesting. And I don't really understand why this isn't done more. I wish there were more series that tried to do something interesting, rather than just phone it in.

I've never actually watched the show, but I agree with the sentiment.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    MANIAC
    The Netflix TV Mini-series (not the movie) - currently 8.3 on IMDb
    {No Spoilers}

Excellent. Will watch again. I loved it. Very well crafted story that I thought I was beginning to predict at around episode seven, but it eluded me, thankfully.

Usually, I dislike a lack of character depth, or the casting, or just the acting and there were a few exceptions. While Sonoya [of ex machina fame and as the dancer in the chemical brothers track "wide open"] had a convincing British accent, she just didn't strike me as a legit computer scientist. The cigarette, usually sticking out of her mouth looked disjointed and the glasses and clothes looked more like someone wanted to appear "geek" in an unconvincing way, along with the Ken Doll (albeit a toupe wearing masturbation obsessed Ken Doll) played by Justin Theroux. Nonetheless, they, along with Emma Stone and Sally Field, didn't ruin it for me. In fact, Sally Field was almost playing a parody of herself and Emma Stone actually did a good job. Jonah Hill was the biggest surprise for me, he played his role very well, very convincing. Worlds apart from the slapstick and frat humour of his earlier career.

Parts were laugh out loud funny, and parts were WTF surprising, (which I don't often get in the predictable nature of television and movies)

My only regret is that I binged on it. I will have to watch it again.

So many little nuances and details that could go unnoticed. Miniature versions of things, road names, heat halos, obscure references and the convincing way that the subconscious (or ambien addled) brain will draw from various sources and smoosh them together into a dream sequence.

MOAR!
    Last edited by Limes; 09-26-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Type
    INTP
    I'll check that out tonight
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INXj
    Bleach (Live Action)

Nothing special. Just the same plot from animé series though they ruined two of characters. Portrayed Renji as a psychopath and Orihime a hopeless flirt. They also added too much sentimentality perhaps to appeal to the bigger audience. Two takeaways in this adaptation: 1) on point visual effects 2) less fan service. I was annoyed my favorite Byakuya looks like the eighth member of BTS.

Type
    xNxx
    Succession

Snarkiest dialogue since The Death Of Stalin, but from the writer of Peep Show. @Limes you should give it a try.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Succession

Snarkiest dialogue since The Death Of Stalin, but from the writer of Peep Show. @Limes you should give it a try.
    Thank you, I will take a look