Page 244 of 246 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2453

Thread: I just saw...

Type
    INFP
    @Sistamatic I'm pretty sure what you wrote is going to be scripted and sent off to Disney in about 10 years.

But judging by the way studios are modeling their writing after fanfiction more and more, it'll probably end up having a few crowd-pleasing perversions and crossovers...like maybe a love affair between Dobby (reborn, perhaps cloned) and Chewbacca, and then infinity war between witches/wizards and jedi.

Type
    INTP
    Also the Harry Potter movies tended to improve upon the books in terms of telling a coherent story with sympathetic characters.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Also the Harry Potter movies tended to improve upon the books in terms of telling a coherent story with sympathetic characters.
    I had the opposite experience.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTP
    There used to be a series of Dan Hemmons Harry Potter reviews that summed it up nicely, but they seem to have disappeared from the internet. :/ It's been too long for me to remember the details, but I grew to despise the book series for its... deterministic morality. I felt the movies went for a more conventional "let's have the good guys be sympathetic" take that I liked better. Granted, by the time the later movies came out I had almost completely disengaged.

I recently watched Togo, based on a true story about the heroic sled run that saved that Alaskan village from diphtheria a hundred years ago.

Willem Defoe shouts a Shakespearean soliloquy at dogs at one point. The whole thing was satisfyingly epic and badass, considering it's a live action Disney film. Literally fun for the whole family.

Some of the drama was obviously contrived, but whatever.

Also watched Inside Out for the umpteenth time. I think it's my favorite Pixar film. I'd say this one, Toy Story, Toy Story III, and Cars are their best work, in terms of form matching function, and of those, Inside Out resonates with me the most.

Wall E and Up ate both good, but I think they overreach a bit in places. Inside Out has the same hear, but in this case the sentiment syncs up perfectly with the story and the storytelling.
    Last edited by TeresaJ; 01-08-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Hands on a Hard Body.

One of my favorite documentaries now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    I started watching the new Messiah series on Netflix. Two episodes in (I slept through two more), but based on the first two, it's a really good series..

If Jesus appeared today, I'd probably follow him through the desert.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I started watching the new Messiah series on Netflix. Two episodes in (I slept through two more), but based on the first two, it's a really good series..

If Jesus appeared today, I'd probably follow him through the desert.
    I just downloaded a few episodes to my phone on Netflix. Not sure if I should delete them now. Is there anyone that you know that can vouch for your assertion?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    I just downloaded a few episodes to my phone on Netflix. Not sure if I should delete them now. Is there anyone that you know that can vouch for your assertion?
    Yeah, Jesus.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    INTx
    The Red Pill. A 2017 documentary about Men's Rights Activists (MRA) in the context of radicals who try to shut them up and of the opposing views of feminists. The filmmaker tried to be open minded. She succeeded. "Free with ads" on YouTube. It actually played without a single ad
    You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Caveat View Post
    The Red Pill. A 2017 documentary about Men's Rights Activists (MRA) in the context of radicals who try to shut them up and of the opposing views of feminists. The filmmaker tried to be open minded. She succeeded. "Free with ads" on YouTube. It actually played without a single ad
    One of the "experts" even has his own page on Urban Dictionary... https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...y%20Misogynist