Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219
Results 2,181 to 2,188 of 2188

Thread: I just saw...

Type
    INTP
    I mean, I liked Kubo of the Two Strings better than Isle of Dogs, and I had plenty of issues with that one too.

...I guess I just need to wait until my kid's old enough for Rurouni Kenshin before venturing in this direction again.

More accurately: I need to somehow get me and my kiddo away from so much consumption of mass media. Otherwise my inner contempt for humanity will start to approach Ptah levels.
    Last edited by TeresaJ; 02-17-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Johnson's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    Cold Pursuit was good. Liam neeson. All you need to know really.
    Memelogical qoutient

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Seasons 1-7 of Game of Thrones (that i found in the forest) .

I won't bother reviewing the series, but i will just say that my eyes have now been opened to:

1) Why malamutes and siberian huskies suddenly turned up everywhere here.
    2) Now I understand a couple of incest memes that previously went over my head

Incidentally, check out the google trends seasonality effect for 'oedipus' in the US...

Type
    INTP
    I was never a huge fan of the show, but I caught up to season seven. I found that the writing did take a noticeable downturn as the creators ran out of book material to adapt.

I'll still watch season eight, but it's kind of a bummer.

Oh well.

Type
    INTP
    Until you said something, I hadnít noticed the husky thing. I watched all the seasons last year. I agree that once the writers branched from the books, the show jumped the shark, but as a professional actor I very much appreciate the talent that the actors have. The show is worth it alone for that skill level.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Johnson View Post
    Cold Pursuit was good. Liam neeson. All you need to know really.
    Preach. More chuckles than the usual Neeson revenge flick. I found the lack of exposition refreshing, especially regarding the humor. Great casting. Self aware without devolving into a spoof. Not bad!

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Contrasted with where the wild things are, which treated fantasies as such.
    Did you watch Where the Wild Things Are with your son?

Of the Wes Anderson films, I liked Darjeeling Limited and Grand Budapest Hotel. His style and pacing I thought fit each well. Didn't see Life A. Thought a couple of others were a snooze. I didn't like Dogs either. I think the plot screams for a building sense of urgency but it falls back into the character details. I also don't think Bryan Cranston was the right voice. Too old, too succint. I also thought he played it as more of a lone or alpha wolf, which I'd argue is different than a scavenger dog who's learned to survive on his own.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Did you watch Where the Wild Things Are with your son?

Of the Wes Anderson films, I liked Darjeeling Limited and Grand Budapest Hotel. His style and pacing I thought fit each well. Didn't see Life A. Thought a couple of others were a snooze. I didn't like Dogs either. I think the plot screams for a building sense of urgency but it falls back into the character details. I also don't think Bryan Cranston was the right voice. Too old, too succint. I also thought he played it as more of a lone or alpha wolf, which I'd argue is different than a scavenger dog who's learned to survive on his own.
    I watched the beginning of it with him. At first he was fascinated by the idea that he was watching a movie based on a book he knew. After that he wasn't super interested in it. I think it was kind of dialog heavy, and the emotional landscape was more relevant to older kids.