Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: h-h-h-hi

h-h-h-hi

i um um um um um um

entp

active on intpf [timeasylums]
    lurker on all the rest cafe, central, et al.

found mbti ~two years ago, have since read 25 of Jung's books, googled 10 bajazillion times, personalityjunkie, oddlydevelopedtypes, Dario Nardi, thompson, correlations to Big 5, studies via google scholar yada yada yada

timeAsylums:

a place giving sanctified refuge to eternal time

or

purgatory

I uh uh...

read...A LOT

fledgling(beginning) to try my hand at programming

erm...20 yo male

YEP!

Welcome! (What's a Turtle?)
    clear
    to square :l :x :y
    setxy :x :y
    repeat 4 [fw :l rt 90]
    end

to psysquare :w :a :x :y
    make "n 1
    make "r :w / :a /2
    repeat round :r
    [
    square :n :x :y
    make "n :n + (:a * 2)
    make "x :x - :a
    make "y :y + :a
    ]
    end

to smiley :x :y
    penwidth 5
    color [256 256 0]
    circle 150
    circle 5
    setxy :x + 56 :y - 50
    circle 20
    setxy :x - 56 :y - 50
    circle 20
    left 180
    setxy :x - 56 :y + 50
    repeat 180
    [
    fd 1
    lt 1
    ]
    blinkyeye :x + 56 :y -50
    end

to blinkyeye :x :y
    make "w 20
    repeat 20
    [
    penwidth 6
    color [0 0 0]
    circle round :w
    make "w :w - 1
    penwidth 5
    color [256 256 0]
    repeat 25[right 180]
    ]

make "w 1
    repeat 20
    [
    penwidth 6
    color [0 0 0]
    make "w :w + 1
    penwidth 5
    color [256 256 0]
    ]
    end

to mainanimation
    color [0 0 0]
    psysquare 500 4 250 250
    psysquare 500 2 250 250
    psysquare 500 1 250 250

smiley 250 250
    repeat 1000 [
    left 90
    ]

end

mainanimation
    Your browser doesn't support canvas tags. Please upgrade to a recent version of Firefox or Opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Type
    INTP
    Hey, welcome aboard!

I hope you enjoy your visit(s).

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Hey welc .... wait ... that avatar ... are you a furry?
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Hey welc .... wait ... that avatar ... are you a furry?
    *woof*

*licks*

if it is particularly hot outside I might dive into the *Adult* sub-forum

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeAsylums View Post
    *woof*

*licks*
    Oh. Well, I guess we're an inclusive community so welcome.

if it is particularly hot outside I might dive into the *Adult* sub-forum
    Okay, just clean up after yourself when you're done in there, ok? Have fun!
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    Intp
    I am totally impressed that you have read a lot of Carl Jung. I din't find his books until my mid to late 20's and I was pretty well enthralled. I had a boss who got us to take mbti and then I went to a Jungian counselor in my town and then I kept finding all sorts of things continuously: reading, studying, re-reading, thinking, looking into old and new philosophy/psychological writings. I was getting my Masters degree in Psych at the time, also. So, I guess it all came upon me in a convergence (or a vortex) that was overwhelming in a sense. I really found Jung had so many novel ideas that I had not been introduced to before then. Quite impressive, his works are.

Oh, right. Hi.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    I am totally impressed that you have read a lot of Carl Jung. I din't find his books until my mid to late 20's and I was pretty well enthralled. I had a boss who got us to take mbti and then I went to a Jungian counselor in my town and then I kept finding all sorts of things continuously: reading, studying, re-reading, thinking, looking into old and new philosophy/psychological writings. I was getting my Masters degree in Psych at the time, also. So, I guess it all came upon me in a convergence (or a vortex) that was overwhelming in a sense. I really found Jung had so many novel ideas that I had not been introduced to before then. Quite impressive, his works are.

Oh, right. Hi.
    Hi! http://www.intpforum.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=120 <-heheh

His works are something else >_>

I find that the *main?* reason he is unpopular is his interest(s) in the occult(s), yet he always analyzed them rationally so.

I've read all of his works that I want to read by now...Took somewhere near a goddamn entire year of my life...lol

But, yes, he was such a *deep* person.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Gustav Jung
    “Life has always seemed to me like a plant that lives on its rhizome. Its true life is invisible, hidden in the rhizome. The part that appears above ground lasts only a single summer. Then it withers away—an ephemeral apparition. When we think of the unending growth and decay of life and civilizations, we cannot escape the impression of absolute nullity. Yet I have never lost a sense of something that lives and endures underneath the eternal flux. What we see is the blossom, which passes. The rhizome remains.”
    Not first said by Jung, but quoted in one of his texts->
    denken ist schwer darum urteilen die meisten
    Other amazing German words that don't have an "exact" word-for-word translation into english I discovered via Jung:

Enantiodromia
    Sehnsucht
    Einfühlung
    Weltanschauung

Type
    Intp
    Yes, I caught onto that part of it too, but my memory of that faded quickly as I got onto other Jungian ideas. Weltanschauung is the one I remember most vividly though as it was the philosophy and the psychology of peoples that I was interested in at the time. I agree with your opinion of why he was unpopular. It was even bigger than that though. He not only challenged so many 'status quo' ideals, he also challenged the budding principles of Psychology which was already considered hogwash by many. Science is all theory actually and the "apparations" of it are what we study and name and build our theories around. Also, not many people stick with Jung long enough to understand anything of what he was saying,a lot of which was quite quite brilliant.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    Also, not many people stick with Jung long enough to understand anything of what he was saying,a lot of which was quite quite brilliant.
    Admittedly, his texts are dense, and his language is formal (and these pros are seen as cons to some people)

Anyway, I see that you said you "were" getting your masters in psych, and you're an INTP, what do you do now?