Page 468 of 468 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468
Results 4,671 to 4,677 of 4677

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Humblebrag alert:

I throw out a lot of expired food as I'm rarely home and I get a lot of toiletries from hotels, so I've put some food, water, and toiletries packs together for people begging on the side of the road, (of which there seem to be more locally of late) I'd rather do that than hand over money. I'll see how it goes, but I generally have had a appreciative thanks for giving such people food and drink in the past.
    We live here now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Humblebrag alert:

I throw out a lot of expired food as I'm rarely home and I get a lot of toiletries from hotels, so I've put some food, water, and toiletries packs together for people begging on the side of the road, (of which there seem to be more locally of late) I'd rather do that than hand over money. I'll see how it goes, but I generally have had a appreciative thanks for giving such people food and drink in the past.
    That's good, saves wasting them.

I've started carrying change specifically for the homeless now.. as their numbers are increasing, and fucking freezing out there.. If I'm passing them on the High Streets it's most likely because I'm out wasting my own money, so I don't mind putting a tenna or so on the side just to "waste on them", because I know it won't be wasted, whatever they will do with it, I just hope I'm funding a meal or something constructive.

I wasn't doing that today when I was passing through town, I was just commuting to work, when a lady approached me outside Morrisons.. She wasn't typically homeless looking, so for a second I was expecting her to ask me the time, but sure enough she asked if I could spare a quid because she's "starving."

Well, I came out with 8 on me, I'd just spent 5 on my own lunch, so I gave her the 3 left over.. I did have a bit of a premonition about being approached specifically then, so that mused me somewhat..

I'd rather give it to somebody who said they need it, when in my pocket it would have just been spent on crap.

I only glanced quickly, she didnt seem like she had a habit.

Just fallen on rotten times.

Life eh.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    The good news:

The first day of school is cancelled tomorrow due to inclement weather! We get to sleep in yet again!

The bad news:

The first day of school is cancelled tomorrow due to inclement weather. My stay at home vacation with the toddler child goes on for another day.

Kid for the past few months after every single statement: Why? Why? Why?

Me, by the end of the day: No more whys! That's enough! Just accept the answer that I give you!

Kid (who just turned 4, by the way): Mom, I was just messing with you.

Me: *weeps*
    Last edited by TeresaJ; 01-16-2018 at 03:24 AM.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    Also, yesterday I made candied pecans and homemade pizza.

Today I made gingerbread cookies, with some toddler child assistance.

This is in addition to cooking dinner every day since my mom had knee surgery, which coincided with all of the cooking and cleaning that needed to happen during my sister's week-long vacation. Multiple rounds of egg nog, gumbo, cabbage rolls, black eyed peas, french toast, frittatas, spaghetti, countless snack plates... During her visit we went down to New Orleans for a few days and I even cooked dinner then.

On days we had a fire I would make the fire, tend the fire, oversee the roasting of marshmallows.

Another day housebound if the roads freeze over.

I don't know how much more domesticity I can stand. O_O

Type
    INTP
    Was supposed to have a fast paced, productive day today.. but it's that time of the month and I'm feeling sloth like.. so I think I'm going to enjoy my bed a little - or a lot longer and move at a much slower pace.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    Sometimes I like to say things that are pretty obviously not true. Probably just boredom. Makes me laugh a bit. E.g. some of my colleagues are very vocal about the times they arrive to work, when they have their break, and when they leave to go home. One day, it was 9:30am and I was half an hour late, and there was a conversation on Slack flashing on my phone about some rapper that the most prominent time-conscious-guy was recommending. So I said "I've been at work since 6:30am. I've just been in the storage cupboard though". When I got to work a few minutes later, my other 'colleague' asked "was that a joke? You weren't actually in the cupboard, were you?" I said that I was. She was very confused, until I admitted that I actually wasn't in the cupboard, and then she seemed bothered and called me strange for making up a lie that confused her. I don't understand that sort of thing. Wouldn't it be obvious that I wasn't in the storage cupboard for 3 hours?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by scarydoor View Post
    Sometimes I like to say things that are pretty obviously not true. Probably just boredom. Makes me laugh a bit. E.g. some of my colleagues are very vocal about the times they arrive to work, when they have their break, and when they leave to go home. One day, it was 9:30am and I was half an hour late, and there was a conversation on Slack flashing on my phone about some rapper that the most prominent time-conscious-guy was recommending. So I said "I've been at work since 6:30am. I've just been in the storage cupboard though". When I got to work a few minutes later, my other 'colleague' asked "was that a joke? You weren't actually in the cupboard, were you?" I said that I was. She was very confused, until I admitted that I actually wasn't in the cupboard, and then she seemed bothered and called me strange for making up a lie that confused her. I don't understand that sort of thing. Wouldn't it be obvious that I wasn't in the storage cupboard for 3 hours?
    I don't know. If it's weird enough, and you say it with a straight enough face, and the person is an open-minded (dare I say Perceptive) sort... Yeah if I were your coworker and you doubled-down on the lie I would spend a minute like "what the hell?" coming up with possible explanations, and I'd be slightly annoyed if it was in fact a joke.