Page 597 of 600 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 5993

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Type
    INTP
    Just got in at 4am, after grafting at the new house. We can get more done when the baby is asleep. Everything was so lazily done in there, had to fix everything. Bleh.

Finally painting tomorrow, wallpaper after that, new carpets, and then the furniture move. Long.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Sephora is a leader in global prestige retail, teaching and inspiring clients to play in a world of beauty.
    it's very rare that any copywriting stands out to me but that's a nice phrase

3am . . .
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    INTP
    So sick of YouTube, had the same irrelevant/boring/repetitive videos in my feed for about the last 5 weeks... It's either mainstream or dodgy propoganda, and I'm not interested.

Then there's the endless, incessant adds. Cannot play a video without before & after adds.

Everytime I think a video is about to play, nope, it's an add

Been trying so hard to encourage different sorts of videos in my feed, but it still gets dominated by alt- right, disinfo crap.

And all the interesting channels I do find, soon mysteriously close down.

About 25 of channels over the last year actually.

Pisses me off.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

Type
    intp
    Today at work I was in a group with three other people. Two were Chinese and one Vietnamese. I say "oh I'm the token minority". One turned to me and said "what? I don't understand." "I'm the token minority." "What does it mean?" "you know in tv series how most will be white, but then there'll be one person of a different race to make it varied." "..." "well I'm the token minority." They are just staring. "I don't know what you're talking about..." Then I think I said "I'm saying you're all asian and I'm not." That made them more confused, and maybe hostile. I tried to laugh a little "haha, you misunderstand what I'm saying! Let's just forget about it!" Very awkward exchanges going around. Oh god.

Type
    INTx
    ^Haha, could be a Larry David scene in Curb Your Enthusiasm. His levity often gets him in trouble with humorless people.
    You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker

Type
    INTP
    My Parma Violet addiction is getting wayy outta hand.

Type
    xxxx
    i just want a waterproof laptop so i can take a desperately needed bath and not have to break my flow.

bath multi-tasking might be something for me to look into even though the thought of eating in the bath sounds super gross. i'm thinking of that scene in gummo

but i guess i do that already... just pure relaxation activities. maybe bathtime should be kept "pure" that way.
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    INTP
    Brother messaged me today simply saying "Can I borrow some money". Haven't heard from him in weeks. Last time I saw him was 2 weeks ago. He knocked on mom's, mom answered and apparently wasn't very nice to him (for a reason).

I was painting at mom's and had my headphones in, so didn't hear the door go, instead my mom got my attention and I saw him stood next to her. I barely acknowledged him, but only because I turned my attention to putting down the paint so that I could acknowledge him.

By the time I'd done that, I couldn't find him, he'd already left the house.

See two weeks before that, he turned up at mom's drunk at about 1am. Super drunk. Mom didn't want him in the house, (she already told him not to show up drunk, as had I), but I convinced her to let him stay to sleep & sober up.

Long story short (it might be in my blog already) he turned into the guest from hell and had to be removed by the police. That's why he always gets an icy reception.

So anyway, I text him back saying "why do we only ever hear of you when you need money? Have you got a phone number?". Then he gives me a number. I call it. (Not his FYI)

I ask "what do you need money for now, why are you always broke?" He says "I loaned some money off a mate for stuff I needed, but he's needs it paying back"

I'm like "so you're expecting me to bail you out again, what are you always doing with your money?" And blah blah things of that such.

He's said he'd paid his bills at home and he's really bad at managing the rest, and blah blah all of that stuff.

So internally I'm thinking "well at least he's paid his immediate bills and owned up to being shit with the rest" so I agreed to come up, confirm his story (because I don't trust him) and to help him out (and also demand an explanation for his previous drunken escapades).

So I go to the supermarket, spend 50 on shopping to get him by, as I presume he doesn't have 2 pennies to rub together, and I intended to give him a bit of cash.

Arrive at his, and the first thing I say to him (besides "hello" and "let me use your toilet") is "what have you got to say for yourself for the way you behaved at mom's?"

And he responded with "ah, mom's always yellin at me man" ... And I'm like, what?! He seriously kicked off for no bloody reason to the point at which I had to call the police on my own brother.

So I said to him "what?! You were told not to turn up drunk, yet you did, you then refused to go to bed and kept all of us and the baby up with your bullshit, then you became violent and had to be removed, **I called the police**"

And all he said to that was "Yeah well, I just wanted a fag and you wouldn't give me one"

At this point, I'm 170% exasperated, so I'm like "fuck you, fuck ya attitude, fuck ya problems, and fuck are you getting anymore money out of me... It's about time you grow up"

To which he replied "me grow up?! It's mom who's always yellin at me just because I came home drunk , fuck you, fuck you, you don't know about the things I've been through, fuck you"

To which I'm like "You've been told about turning up drunk & violent, it won't be tolerated. You didn't come "home" drunk, you don't live there anymore and you have no right to turn up drunk making demands, you're not a teenager anymore and it's about time you grew up - here's your fucking food parcels that I keep having to provide you, now get to fuck"

And that was the end of that.

Or so I thought, a couple of hours ago his "mate" text me asking if I'd given Stephen any money to settle his debt. I said "Nah we had a row" he said "oh fair enough, but he's got me in shit with a guy I need to pay, so I've had no choice but to tell the guy who's landed me in shit, so he'll probably be visiting him later"

Anyway, he explained that he's a friend of my brothers, but my brother just keeps borrowing.off him without ever paying back. I told him I could relate... And in all fairness, my brother deserved a slap.

He gave me the number of the guy who would now be chasing my brother's debt, and then we had a little chat.

Long story short, it was a vicious cycle of unpaid debts and the guy today needed cash to pay his utilities so he really wasn't happy with my brother.

We ended up also having a chat about how much of a jackass my brother is, in the end I offer a token amount towards his debt and told him that I'd try and get my brother to settle his debt on his next pay day.

They were both actually pretty cool blokes but said they'd been helping my brother for months, but never seen a repayment and now it had become a point of principal.

By the time we were done chatting, the second bloke was trying to chat me up, so then the conversation turned to kids and how I wasn't on the market. Lol.

Quite amusing, apart from yet another hit to my wallet, thanks to my fucking retarded brother.

Oh, I also asked them.if he was doing drugs (because he looks rough) and they laughed and said "no, he couldn't afford a habit)..

So I'm glad about that at least... Regular jackass I can just about deal with .. anbaddict, and I honestly couldn't.. I'd have to walk away.
    Last edited by Sinny; 06-11-2019 at 01:01 AM.

Type
    xxxx
    i'm supposed to be in a hurry right now but i think i'm all out of fucks to give
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Anyway, he explained that he's a friend of my brothers, but my brother just keeps borrowing.off him without ever paying back. I told him I could relate... And in all fairness, my brother deserved a slap.
    Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, this friend. I mean, your brother exploits you repeatedly, but it's hard to turn your back on family, so I get it even though in the long run it just makes things worse.

But this friend, yeesh, one unpaid debt should be the last.