Page 561 of 563 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563 LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 5626

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Can you just turn on the AC and let yourself be a little cooler when you go to bed? And maybe turn on a fan with a remote control if you wake up? You may be over thinking this. I've had the same problem. I often have to crawl to the foot of the bed in the middle of the night to adjust the fan directly on me. And avoid comforters because they're like wind breakers. I like to use two woven cotton blankets. Their weight also helps me sleep.
    I am cool, particularly now with the change in weather. Onset isn't really the issue. I will layer bedsheets and/or a breathable cotton blanket for maximum comfort, and this takes me to slumberland. After 4-5 hours, I wake up, attempt to piss with an erection, and then suddenly layered sheets are too hot, even after cooling down for 5 min. In a 19-20 degree Celsius room, I have to use a single bedsheet then - it doesn't make much sense. I toss about, then wake up multiple times later feeling slightly colder. It reads like hormone or blood sugar voodoo. I haven't the slightest clue what to make of it. I can at least feel reasonably alert during the day but I don't want to settle for mediocrity.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I am cool, particularly now with the change in weather. Onset isn't really the issue. I will layer bedsheets and/or a breathable cotton blanket for maximum comfort, and this takes me to slumberland. After 4-5 hours, I wake up, attempt to piss with an erection, and then suddenly layered sheets are too hot, even after cooling down for 5 min. In a 19-20 degree Celsius room, I have to use a single bedsheet then - it doesn't make much sense. I toss about, then wake up multiple times later feeling slightly colder. It reads like hormone or blood sugar voodoo. I haven't the slightest clue what to make of it. I can at least feel reasonably alert during the day but I don't want to settle for mediocrity.
    I'd investigate the piss angle. I don't mean changing body position, I mean see if you can reduce fluid intake before bedtime. And keep a more regular schedule if applicable. Your internal clock could be messed up. Get sunlight during the day, and exercise.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    I'd investigate the piss angle. I don't mean changing body position, I mean see if you can reduce fluid intake before bedtime. And keep a more regular schedule if applicable. Your internal clock could be messed up. Get sunlight during the day, and exercise.
    Yeah I'm going to see about being even stricter with water intake at night. My schedule is tight, I get up at 9 no matter what and even have an Orwellian looking "Happy Light" light therapy lamp. And lift heavy things.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yeah I'm going to see about being even stricter with water intake at night. My schedule is tight, I get up at 9 no matter what and even have an Orwellian looking "Happy Light" light therapy lamp. And lift heavy things.
    And don't eat for the recommended number of hours before bed. Like three or four. So you're done digesting by bedtime.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    Mattress Firm is in the news and it reminded me, avoid memory foam because it makes you too hot. I think Temourpedic mattress are memory foam. MyPillow pillows too (I saw one in a store and the label said polyurethane). Sleep on an innerspring mattress.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Prediction: Elon Musk does time by 2025

Type
    INTP
    Got this horrible pain in my upper back, right side, and in front in my ribs. Been coming and going for a few days now, it's quite sharp and dull at the same time.

Quick Google has found lots of pregnant women complaining of the same. Their diagnoses include 1) Baby's head in my ribs 2) a gas pocket 3) a trapped nerv.

Ugh.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I was not Rupert Grint's understudy.

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    The annual Monster Energy Aftershock Music Festival has begun and people I can only describe as 'Jugga-lite' keep popping up all over town.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    All my best underwear I find laying around the gym locker room.
    Memelogical qoutient