Page 558 of 558 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558
Results 5,571 to 5,579 of 5579

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Type
    intp
    Hmm... Apparently New Zealand men have the highest rate of cancer in the OECD with a 1 in 2 chance of getting cancer in their lifetime.

Someone fix that fucken ozone hole.

Type
    XXXX
    Headed into the frank church, our largest wilderness area, for 5 to 7 days. I'm to the point where they tell me this, and I just think okay. It'll be cold but I look forward to sleeping under the stars.

Also, today my supervisor said if I was an animal, I'd be a musk ox, because they just quietly endure whatever circumstance they're in.

My supervisor is probably the best boss I've ever had.
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Hmm... Apparently New Zealand men have the highest rate of cancer in the OECD with a 1 in 2 chance of getting cancer in their lifetime.

Someone fix that fucken ozone hole.
    Supposed to be back to pre-1980 levels by 2075, so hang tough. Unless Trump dismisses the ban on CFC's as fake science/news and reverses the ban on them.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    Supposed to be back to pre-1980 levels by 2075, so hang tough. Unless Trump dismisses the ban on CFC's as fake science/news and reverses the ban on them.
    I might just make 2075 if I live to 113. Not much chance of not getting skin cancer though considering how much time I've spend in the sun; hopefully just non melanoma skin cancer.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    it just hit me that the reason i like cropped jeans so much is cuz i got PHAT CALVES. but this is like one of my most prized body parts

regular skinny jeans rarely fit me right
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    If anyone wants to know what Boulder, CO is like, imagine an entire city of people that would unironically buy this book:

Type
    INTP
    Fuck China, the best headphones I've ever owned were made in the Philippines.

Never see anything "made in America".

We don't import that shit, we put a ban on that shit.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    Today is the 125th anniversary of NZ women getting the vote. Yesterday my little sister and I went to the National Archives and had a look for my Great Great Grandmothers signature on the Petition. Archives have a museum like display with the 25,000 signature petition, the United Tribes 1835 Declaration of Independence and the 1840 Treaty of Waitangi.

We also had a look at one of the family history books in the National Library that I hadn't seen.

The petition is 270 metres long, weighs 5 Kgs and when it was presented in Parliament it was rolled out on the floor until it hit the wall with a thud...

It was a very New Zealand sort of affair. I found an on-street park 3 minutes walk from the Archives, it was free and there was only one small group of schoolchildren getting a tour and we had two librarians helping us find the book...

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Fuck China, the best headphones I've ever owned were made in the Philippines.

Never see anything "made in America".

We don't import that shit, we put a ban on that shit.
    I've bought a lot of headphones and the best sound I ever heard is from my JBL Synchros 700s.
    https://www.jbl.com/factory-refurbis...NCHRO+700.html

Not sure where they're made, probably China, but it says on them "designed in California".

You need to listen to this track with them in "Livestage mode" (they have built in DSPs) - it sounds simply amazing, like you're marching to war with the Orange men of Ulster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLEzBiil8XE