Page 543 of 543 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543
Results 5,421 to 5,429 of 5429

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Type
    INTP
    Bleh... Sick and hungry... Wanted to procrastinate as long as possible but I'm going to have to feed myself.

Got a few days off work and I really should turn to my to-do list which I was making exceptional progress on until a whole bunch of work n pregnancy distractions, the last couple of weeks.

Got some items to return/exchange in stores.

Got to finish my Health & Social coursework.

I should also start looking at enrollment in Hereford for my access course for Uni, for my year outta work.

Think I should just settle for something practical, like social work. I'll look into other opportunities if they are available.

Theoretically, everything's is going marvelously smooth.

Still waiting for it all to fall apart.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    It's late in the afternoon when a knock on my front door rousts me from my home office.

I open the door just a crack to find a man standing on my doorstep.

"Hello there, I'm mawmp mawmp mwamp mawmph..." He looks like a real estate agent and he's got something in his hand which he has extended towards me.

I swing the door open wide and step forward to meet his hand, snatching up the object. It's a business card... no... a business card with a magnet on it!

"Thanks!!!" I cut him off, looking hard at the card which is now in my own hands and with just a hint of deadpanned disgust "You uh... know how they make these, right?"

"No, wh-... I..." he wasn't ready for that.

"That's OK!" I laugh, "Because you will. Look it's great you came all the way out here for whatever, and thanks for uh... this. But I gotta get back to work. Have a good one!"
    I close the door before he can say anything else.

On my way back to my office I lean through the kitchen door and flick the business card onto the refrigerator door where it sticks... next to the others.
    stupid pancakes.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by itch View Post
    It's late in the afternoon when a knock on my front door rousts me from my home office.

I open the door just a crack to find a man standing on my doorstep.

"Hello there, I'm mawmp mawmp mwamp mawmph..." He looks like a real estate agent and he's got something in his hand which he has extended towards me.

I swing the door open wide and step forward to meet his hand, snatching up the object. It's a business card... no... a business card with a magnet on it!

"Thanks!!!" I cut him off, looking hard at the card which is now in my own hands and with just a hint of deadpanned disgust "You uh... know how they make these, right?"

"No, wh-... I..." he wasn't ready for that.

"That's OK!" I laugh, "Because you will. Look it's great you came all the way out here for whatever, and thanks for uh... this. But I gotta get back to work. Have a good one!"
    I close the door before he can say anything else.

On my way back to my office I lean through the kitchen door and flick the business card onto the refrigerator door where it sticks... next to the others.
    I don't get it. Was his card intended to go on a fridge? - why were you disgusted? - what's the problem in how they're made? - do they use slave labor?
    I usually just get schoolkids knocking my door trying to "raise funds" on behalf of their football team.

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    I don't get it. Was his card intended to go on a fridge? - why were you disgusted? - what's the problem in how they're made? - do they use slave labor?
    I usually just get schoolkids knocking my door trying to "raise funds" on behalf of their football team.
    I was just messing with him.
    stupid pancakes.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    I finally got motivated to start looking for a job yesterday. Today I have another janitor job. Setting the bar high as usual. Headphone heaven here I come.
    Well today I had an interview and immediately got a job offer for a manufacturing job. It is a 40-minute drive but it pays 30% more, and there's much more potential for moving up, obviously. I'm gonna be making wax molds for casting titanium aerospace parts, seems like a good industry to get my foot in the door.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Well today I had an interview and immediately got a job offer for a manufacturing job. It is a 40-minute drive but it pays 30% more, and there's much more potential for moving up, obviously. I'm gonna be making wax molds for casting titanium aerospace parts, seems like a good industry to get my foot in the door.
    Sounds good! I would just worry about things like chemical inhalation and noise. I've heard that some manufacturers - and employees - play fast and loose with safety regulations.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    finished everything successfully this week.

i can breathe for one night. but it keeps going and going. gahhh
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

Type
    ENTP
    If Mueller has a compelling case to make, I think he needs to make it as soon as possible. The political will may finally exist among Congress to work together to evict Trump, but only with sufficient political cover to maintain their own positions, and not provoke a fracture of the party. The more compelling the evidence that Trump has acted in manifestly illegal ways, the easier and faster that process can happen. But this needs to happen soon, before further risks are engendered to national security by allowing this possible Russian asset, this compromised, blackmailed dupe to continue in office.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    If Mueller has a compelling case to make, I think he needs to make it as soon as possible. The political will may finally exist among Congress to work together to evict Trump, but only with sufficient political cover to maintain their own positions, and not provoke a fracture of the party. The more compelling the evidence that Trump has acted in manifestly illegal ways, the easier and faster that process can happen. But this needs to happen soon, before further risks are engendered to national security by allowing this possible Russian asset, this compromised, blackmailed dupe to continue in office.
    If they have blackmail, it damn well better be more than just a piss tape, because you'd have to be a fucking idiot for that to be leverage. Trump's base isn't going to bat an eye on discovering Trump has lived a hookers and blow lifestyle, and a sizeable portion would applaud the alleged desecration of the Obama's bed. It would be like blackmailing Caligula with proof he participated in an orgy.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)