Page 526 of 549 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 5481

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

In The Dark Knight, the Joker opens his coat to pass a metal detector test from the mafia but then later opens it again to display his jacket full of hand grenades. This is both inaccurate and sets a bad example for people doing job interviews.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    In The Dark Knight, the Joker opens his coat to pass a metal detector test from the mafia but then later opens it again to display his jacket full of hand grenades. This is both inaccurate and sets a bad example for people doing job interviews.
    He had the jacket version of a double walled bag and the grenades were all made with non-ferrous materials.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    He had the jacket version of a double walled bag and the grenades were all made with non-ferrous materials.
    Meh I guess it's possible he extorted a ceramics craftsman and his family until he finished and killed them all. It's a stretch. Fucking plot armor. I need some.

Type
    INTP
    Fed up.. everybody around me is chatting utter shite.

Got to work, have left a note asking the manager to email the link for some online assessments, I've asked 4 times. (She tells us to a use a "communication book" because apparently email is to personal for her liking?!)

So today one of the supervisors says to me "check your emails it should be in there"

I check my emails, it's not.

I say "nope, it's not there - when was it sent?"

Supervisor "well she said she sent them last month, and again this month around the tenth"

Me, double and triple checks, "no, I've not had it"

Supervisor "well you must have, look again and check your spam"

Me "I've checked both, I've had nothing, I check my emails daily , nothing has come through"

Supervisor, "it has you just need to find it"

At this point I'm getting quite annoyed.

"I have not received the email, I would know if I had... And I don't see why the manager couldn't have contacted me when she was sending them to ensure delivery, whereby then I could I told her it's failed, it's not bloody rocket science".

Supervisor "oh okay then, well I don't know why she can't do that either"

So for the fith time I'm going to leave her another note.

This manager should not be in a management position.

She is always, always fucking up the rota, pissing off the staff, not communicating basic stuff, doesn't respond to staff, never gets back you with holiday requests, hasn't completed any evaluations , supervisions or risks assessments, and is always behind on the day to day running of the building.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES SHE DO?!

And now she's got mutiny on her hands because half the night staff are walking out. I would too, but I'm just gonna see through this side maternity.

What an utter, complete bellend.
    Last edited by Sinny; 06-12-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Have you tried showing up at her house on a Sunday at 6am

--

Customer just freaked out and announced she's not coming back

[Waka flocka meme] (oooook see ya next week)

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    So I've been dabbling in dropshipping as a hobby for a bit now, and it's been very educational so far.

I was thinking of changing my current model (charming curiosity shop of nice things) to something more niche and more marketable (fashion jewellery - shipping works without a hitch even to the EU and the margins are HUGE).

Today however I got a request out of the blue for a large number of novelty notebooks - at the wholesale scale. Apparently there's a couple of grand in fifteen minutes of Alibaba research and ordering. Theoretically.

I don't think anything is actually going to come from this, as this would really be too good to be true, but bloody hell - corporate orders are where the real money is, with very little actual work required.

Edit: Half an hour ago another company requested the exact same thing but in different colours - what is going on? What in the world do people suddenly need several hundred lockable notebooks for?

Beginning to wonder if this is a kind of scam I'm just not understanding yet
    Last edited by Sappho; 06-13-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    So I've been dabbling in dropshipping…
    Do you use Shopify? I heard that arbitrage using Alibaba doesn't work well on Amazon or Ebay. I want to build up an Ebay business big enough so manufacturers of name brands will let me be a supplier. I was about to buy from Alibaba a few days ago but at the last minute I decided I didn't trust that particular Chinese company and the other companies that had the product were significantly more expensive. For now I'm sticking to reselling discounted and dollar store items that I get locally, very small-time.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Do you use Shopify?
    Yes. I don't know what they're doing for SEO but they're remarkable. I've spent minimal time on crafting good article descriptions, but most of my sales come from first time visitors via Google.

I heard that arbitrage using Alibaba doesn't work well on Amazon or Ebay. I want to build up an Ebay business big enough so manufacturers of name brands will let me be a supplier. I was about to buy from Alibaba a few days ago but at the last minute I decided I didn't trust that particular Chinese company and the other companies that had the product were significantly more expensive. For now I'm sticking to reselling discounted and dollar store items that I get locally, very small-time.
    That's a solid strategy and a safe one. Though your being in the US actually bears a huge advantage: Your country's trade deal with China, and resulting ePacket shipping within 5-7 days. That's unbeatable.

In Europe, even ePacket orders generally don't arrive before 4-5 weeks have passed. Hardly anyone wants to wait that long for an internet order these days (I wouldn't, either). And even then, most items that sell well – especially electronic goods – get stuck in customs and more than half of the time never even make it to the customer. It's madness.

I was thinking of simply selling in the US market but I fear that taxes and regulations would be way too much to handle. If I were living overseas, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It's America!!

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    So both the companies have replied. Things are getting serious. If I manage to organise those novelty notebooks with decent quality and without Chinese branding somehow, there's a lot of money to be made. The kind of money that I'd have to work for for several months in my regular job.

Both companies are situated in the same corner of Germany, so I'm quite certain they're both hired by the same client – and they're apparently both looking to outdo one another.

Holy mackerel, how does one utilise a situation like this?

Type
    INTP
    Working with Python again has been nice. Unfortunately it probably won't be for long. Meh. Apparently I can look forward to porting to C++ and other languages.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"