Page 562 of 562 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562
Results 5,611 to 5,619 of 5619

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Placebo is a hell of a drug. Like I KNOW that effects from the cookie I just ate won't kick in for an hour, yet the buzz I have from the alcohol I've been drinking suddenly feels more like a high.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    What kind of jackass revs a two-stroke in a suburb after dark/8pm? We have a noise ordnance and that shit is supposed to stop at 7pm, but we shouldn't need it to be a law, and I shouldn't have to make a noise complaint about it because it doesn't take common sense to figure out that that's a shitty thing to do. All it takes is the tiniest shred of sense and decency.

I could understand if this were mid-summer, when the sun is still blazing away at 9pm. I can see how under such conditions you might lose track of time and just get caught up in whatever you were doing because you still had all that natural light tricking you into thinking it wasn't late yet. But that isn't the case. The sun went down hours ago, civil twilight is long over. All you have to do is note you need extra light because it's dark outside and hey, maybe people are sleeping or winding down and don't need a revving chainsaw or what-have-you down the block disrupting their evening.

It shouldn't even be a moment of debate. It should be a "Oh! Time to not be an asshole!"
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Jelly View Post
    All my best underwear I find laying around the gym locker room.
    What if I told you those were moltings from reptiloids? They're big on working out.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    What if I told you those were moltings from reptiloids? They're big on working out.
    Moar like Underarmour moltings
    Memelogical qoutient

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Moar like Underarmour moltings
    I'd tell you both that @Limes has a new fetish.

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    I'd tell you both that @Limes has a new fetish.
    I also found a pair of Jockeys in the pouring rain, but I think I'm good on those. There was black dude, I said "Oh, a pair of underwear in a ziplock bag in the trash, I guess I'll take them, since they're in the trash. Not stealing." So it was a clean swipe, not going out of my way to steal dudes underwear. I aint afraid of no ass contamination, it's my ass that should be feared!
    Memelogical qoutient

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    I also found a pair of Jockeys in the pouring rain, but I think I'm good on those. There was black dude, I said "Oh, a pair of underwear in a ziplock bag in the trash, I guess I'll take them, since they're in the trash. Not stealing." So it was a clean swipe, not going out of my way to steal dudes underwear. I aint afraid of no ass contamination, it's my ass that should be feared!
    Gotta be careful bro that's how you get jock itch. Don't wanna have to spray down your dangly bits with tough actin tinactin.

Type
    INTP

I've noticed the stock AMRN (Amarin) that went up recently, with many people claiming some drug named Vascepa, released in 2013, is a "game changer" equivalent to Lipitor. Some bought thousands of shares when it was below $4, and fortunately for them it exceeded $20 recently with a new drug study called Reduce-it for Vascepa. Though the results seem promising as a supplemental drug in addition to a primary care treatment, a lot of the study seems misplaced.

Vascepa can melt styrofoam for one.

It helps to check out the Amarin website promoting Vascepa to see the visual difference (basically it's a clear ethyl alcohol.)

It seems that just as pot stock like Tilray went up to $300 (it spiked that high though won't show on the graph) when it should probably be valued less than 1/30 of that, so too are drugs that are probably only $7-8 stock getting overhyped by people that aren't familiar with how Doctors perceive it's actual application in clinical practice.

This is a company that is preying upon consumer views about fish oil assisting them with health benefits, many of whom probably could just engage in physical activity and diet related changes.
    Last edited by Catoptric; 10-21-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    When that annoying person you snoozed on social media is suddenly all over the fucking place and you remember their 30-day snooze is up. Time to go back to sleep, my pretty!
    Heh. We've been here years now.