Page 497 of 499 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499 LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 4985

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Type
    INTP
    Popped into the pub tonight and bumped into a fair few people. Bumped into one of my cousins who's landed some job with Vodafone which entails traveling across the world every other week. Despite how exciting that sounded to me, he said that living in hotels and travelling by taxi all the time wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

He then took me by further surprise in actually bringing up my personality and interests. He said " Do you know what I've always appreciated about you cuz? Your ability to just call people out on how it is, and to talk about what nobody else will, I've always thought you were quite self-righteous, but it works in your favour".

Ha. I didn't know whether to be offended or chuffed. I love my cousin to bits, but I didn't even realise he put that much thought into me. Lol..

He then proceeded to talk at me for the next 30 minutes, about.how WW3 is in the horizon, but what are we supposed to do about it? All he can do is persue his Capitalistic goals and hope for the best. I said that's fair enough.we've all got to enjoy life however we can.

We then had a debate over relations with Russia. He kept saying how he appreciated the underdogs to the empire, being of Irish decent, but he'd also bought into the Anti-Russian propaganda. We both agreed that the recent poisonings in Britain were comitted by rogue elements, but he argued rogue Russian and I argued rogue British

Was an interesting exchange all the same.

I do love my cousins.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    Haha... Antipodean netball has just got the biggest shake up in 50 years. Never has a com games final not been between Aus and NZ and England just won (by one point).

When England star Geva Mentor heads to her local supermarket on Australia’s Sunshine Coast, where she plays her club netball, people know who she is. It is a recognition befitting of her status as the best goal keeper, and one of the best players in any position, on the planet.

But when she returns to Bournemouth, where she was born and spent the first 20 years of her life, she slips back into anonymity.

Such is the battle facing Tracey Neville’s England team whenever they arrive at a major tournament, be it the World Cup or Commonwealth Games. Netball Down Under is a different beast.

For the entirety of netball’s history, the sport has been divided neatly into three factions.

At the top are Australia and New Zealand, the two most dominant nations who had contested every Commonwealth Games final until Gold Coast 2018.

Next are England and Jamaica, who promise so much but have repeatedly been unable to overcome the significant hurdle of their Antipodean rivals. Then there is everyone else.

That has been the way of the netball world for more than 50 years, until now. In beating New Zealand in the group stage at these Commonwealth Games, overcoming Jamaica in a dramatic last-gasp 56-55 semi-final victory on Saturday and making it through to the final against Australia – a match due to take place in the early hours of Sunday morning British-time – England have finally broken down the barrier to the upper echelons of the sport.

Type
    INTP
    Ever wonder what some people must think when they walk by and hear certain parts of your conversations out of context?

Last night I was out with my friend, and we were talking about how there's some evidence to suggest a loose correlation between homosexuality and higher IQs. In the middle of it some lady turned a corner right as I said "...don't get me wrong, there's plenty of stupid gay people."

There was just the slightest pause in her gait as I finished that sentence, I'll always wonder what she thought we were talking about haha!

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Trying out a store brand Jamaican coffee today.
    I hope it doesn't steal my bike.
    I'm brilliant and everyone else is an arse.

speaking of black people and coffee

a haiku

unlock the bathroom
    "it's for paying customers"
    guess i'll just loiter

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I'm brilliant and everyone else is an arse.

Type
    INTP
    Last night I dreamt that hephaestus was posting in some thread here, pedantically arguing for Frozen as having the best Disney princess.

Type
    INTP
    If I didn't already have a blog, I would make a blog and name it "Life in the Sloth lane"
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    If I didn't already have a blog, I would make a blog and name it "Life in the Sloth lane"
    I had considered naming my latest blog "the 10-toed Sloth" but it was too late, plus I feel like I'd have jinxed myself to some freak toe accident.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I had considered naming my latest blog "the 10-toed Sloth" but it was too late, plus I feel like I'd have jinxed myself to some freak toe accident.
    Best keep those shoe laces tied