Page 510 of 519 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 5190

Thread: Little pockets of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Type
    INtP
    The US is so diverse, I don't think you can make a generalized claim about housing. I live in a "flyover" state, and 300k can buy quite a bit:

Here's one for roughly 300k

3 bed, 2 bath, with over an acre of land. And a guest cottage for whatever.

I picked this one at random, there are over sixty enormous houses from 250k-300k currently listed for sale.

Type
    ISFP
    can't get this fucking roomba off Spanish

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    The US is so diverse, I don't think you can make a generalized claim about housing. I live in a "flyover" state, and 300k can buy quite a bit:

Here's one for roughly 300k

3 bed, 2 bath, with over an acre of land. And a guest cottage for whatever.

I picked this one at random, there are over sixty enormous houses from 250k-300k currently listed for sale.
    Same here, and I'm outside of a major city. 250,000 to 350,000 here can afford you easily a four to five bedroom house in a very nice suburb or a smaller but equally as nice townhouse or condo right outside the city.
    Last edited by Stigmata; 05-16-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Same here, and I'm outside of a major city. 250,000 to 350,000 here can afford you easily a four to five bedroom house in a very nice suburb or a smaller but equally as townhouse or condo right outside the city.
    A thread where everyone posts a picture of a dwelling for sale in the area where they live (everyone with the same budget), would be an interesting thread idea if I weren't too lazy to start it myself.

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    In some areas I'd need a plan in case I break my leg and can't get out. I'd have to make sure there are places that deliver. I'd want a hospital that's close enough. I only know how to live in a big city.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    A thread where everyone posts a picture of a dwelling for sale in the area where they live (everyone with the same budget), would be an interesting thread idea if I weren't too lazy to start it myself.
    As a child, did you ever call out, "MOooooOOOM! come and wipe my butt!"

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    $275,000 will get you this house in East New York. About 10 blocks from The Hole. Close enough that on most days there's a persistent stench of death. "The Hole is an isolated section that is also a part of Queens. A run-down neighborhood considered "lost", it has the lowest elevation within the city[46] and is considered to be like the Wild West in some fashions"

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    $275,000 will get you this house in East New York. About 10 blocks from The Hole. Close enough that on most days there's a persistent stench of death. "The Hole is an isolated section that is also a part of Queens. A run-down neighborhood considered "lost", it has the lowest elevation within the city[46] and is considered to be like the Wild West in some fashions"
    They have two shots, one of the front and of the back, that they manage to duplicate in order to generate 9 pictures. I can only imagine how shitty the interior must be.

I should see if there's anything for sale for 76k, since that was another figure dropped earlier.

Here's 1000 square feet for 34k

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Hah. Might just be the housing and land prices I've seen anywhere I actually considered living. Or things might have changed since I last spent time searching. I'll admit, I haven't spent a lot of time looking in flyover states, but I have spent some time looking for places with a good home with at least an acre--and not on the east coast.

Most of the places I saw sub 100k were... rough. The craziest one I saw was a two story shack on a plot of marshy land that was a spiraling drive to get too, and way out in the boonies.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    ISFP
    i ate corner on the cob and the butter got on my cheeks and chin. now i have a breakout. it just was not worth it