Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Javul.org - A website for setting and meeting objectives

Type
    IXXX
    @Lilith, following your suggestion I just sent about 15 invitations to Upwork developers in Ukraine. I'll invite more tomorrow if I don't get any acceptances.

Type
    IXXX
    @Lilith, I got a few bids from Ukraine and they look good. I think I will choose one of them.
    Its up to you and depends on if you have time or want to do it but I thought I'd ask in any case: Do you want to get involved, interview these people, choose the developer and manage this part of the project which is Testing/debugging of this first stage? I'll leave it up to you however you want to manage it. I think you'll do a good job maybe better than how I would do. It would be great to get your help.
    If you dont have the time or dont want to do it for any reason thats ok I understand. I know I'm asking a big favor. In that case I'll continue as I planned to do and I'll probably choose the developer this weekend after asking them a few questions. Or maybe you want me to choose the dev and then you can continue from there. Let me know what you think.

Type
    INXj
    No, I don't have the time. I have a few projects lined up and I just started retail arbitrage so I don't think I would be effective in doing that. That's the main reason I ask what timeframe you have in mind for testing. I can offer an hour or two to help QA if time permits but that's all I can spare.

Type
    IXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    No, I don't have the time. I have a few projects lined up and I just started retail arbitrage so I don't think I would be effective in doing that. That's the main reason I ask what timeframe you have in mind for testing. I can offer an hour or two to help QA if time permits but that's all I can spare.
    Alright that's fine. I'll continue as before. Thanks.
    Once done with the testing/debugging phase I'll post an update here.

Type
    IXXX
    I'm pretty excited about finding someone help me consolidate and cleanup the various scattered stuff I've written over the years for the project.
    I just did a search on Upwork for native speakers of English. One of them had done a lot of English/writing related tests and had good scores. Some of them have good scores but no work history. Its sad. It reminds me there are talented capable people around the world waiting for the opportunity to work and put their skills to use. I definitely need their help and I'm glad this is possible.
    I hope I find someone who really likes the project and does a great job. Being passionate about something helps us excel at it. I might ask the bidders to write up a small piece to show a sample of what they can do.
    I cant do the writing project right now though. I have to wait until testing/debugging is completed. I also want Wiki features to be advanced enough that I feel comfortable using it like a real documentation tool for the javul.org unit. That will of course be good in any case because other units have to use it too.
    A guy from Ukraine is going to help do this 2nd test/debug phase. Hopefully he will do pretty good work.
    Its going to be a lot of work to get to that stage where mostly everything works as it should at a basic minimum level. Thats what needs to be done next. There might be a 3rd testing/debugging phase.

Type
    IXXX
    Hello all,

Javul.org's coding work started in May 2016 (see the project's Github). Its been 3 years since then and I've also worked on the documentation. Here's what I have for now: https://javul.org/wiki/Main_Page - its not complete or perfect and probably has lots of issues.
    That wiki is just for the documentation. The main website is a work in progress like the documentation and its online at: https://javul.org/ - a lot of work still needs to be done. I've worked on managing software developers that I've hired on Upwork, managing the bugs, writing job descriptions for Upwork and so on. I've tried to do what I could while having a full time job.

I've reached the point where I really need help so I thought I'd post a message here first because this is where I announced this project. We also worked on choosing the logo. I know there are many intelligent people online full of energy and good intent and we need to start creating a group of these people and work on this stuff.
    There's a sub-reddit I created that can be used for discussions: https://www.reddit.com/r/Javul/

I've spent a fair amount of money getting the website developed and I plan to keep spending according to what I can afford. My plan is to create a scholarship/award/stipend of some kind and invite proposals for people to work in strategy and execution. I will try my best to continue financing software development so people have the ability of deciding what features should be implemented on the website. I am 100% committed to keep contributing to this project to the best of my ability.

Let me know if anyone here is interested in helping out. You can create a thread on that sub-reddit, message me here or join in on the doc wiki which is also now open to the public for editing. Here's a wiki page I made on how you can get involved.

Next I'm going to focus my attention on the sub reddit and try to find people who can help.

Edit 1: Updated link
    Edit 2: Updated links again for short URL changes
    Last edited by Crocobear; 05-21-2019 at 02:38 AM.