Thread: Always an Introduction

Type
    INTP

Always an Introduction

...Since I never stick around for long.

I've realized that I treat INTP fora the way I treat video games. I'll find something I like, binge on it, lose too much sleep, then quickly decide to give it up again. As I learned in Psych 101, random rewards are the most addictive kind. The binge results from the fact that any moment might bring up a really interesting or useful idea, so I feel compelled to stay online.

That said, I am liking this incarnation of INTPc, and I'm interested in the intentionality of it. So I might try to stay active for a while, at least. I might even find a good mechanism for moderating my participation. ...Probably by setting a daily time limit. And no more internet late in the evening/at night (I've already lost way too much sleep this night). ...Which would probably limit the sociability of my participation.

So we'll see.

Anyway, this is me.

Type
    iNtP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    ...Since I never stick around for long.

I've realized that I treat INTP fora the way I treat video games. I'll find something I like, binge on it, lose too much sleep, then quickly decide to give it up again.
    this is an intp trait, if we feel like something starts consuming us we abandon it. we like to control our ideas, not the other way around. it is one of our greatest advantages, but one of our biggest weaknesses as well.

there are probably many reasons we do this, one of which is maybe we don't like to be defined by our actions, or that we don't want our reality defined by what we do

never the less, any input you have would be more than welcomed I'm sure.
    Just look at the blue sky

Type
    INTP
    Hi, TeresaJ. Glad you've joined us (and taken the time to post an intro), you seem pretty cool.