Thread: Tell Us the Story Behind Your Avatar

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Tell Us the Story Behind Your Avatar

Why'd you pick it?

What other avatars have you had?
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Its pretty.

My old one was unfortunate in that its not really been representative of my avatars across past sites and renditions, but was something I inserted when i joined up but never really got to changing...especially since i know how much changing avatars messes with people's heads.

I can't really find the avatars I've had on other boards before then...

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

This was my original avatar. I remember signing up and trying to think of a good name to register with. I had *no* ideas. Then after I'd picked a random name I did a google image search for pictures of bears and I liked this one.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    This one is temporary. It is the Feather of Ma'at. Ma'at was a goddess, a symbol and an ideal. The feather represents a lot, especially truth, and is the one your heart was weighed against after death. It's interesting to read about, I recommend it. I'm currently fixated on these ideas, particularly the truth, in response to my change in life/breakup.

I already have a simple outline of an ankh on the nape of my neck, I will soon be getting a simple outline of this feather tattooed just below it.

Type
    INTP
    I have no interest in forming an identity on the board.

Mine's a dog.

Type
    ENTP
    FYI

Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Mine's a dog.
    I knew I remembered this post from somewhere.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

I used to be the frog, and on the forum at the time I was very unguarded. I wanted something to represent the fact that I would be a bit more astute and guarded going forward. This was one of my favorite photos from a series I took of a Timber Rattler.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Type
    xxxx
    i did a pet portrait. i don't need a reason.
    Unicorns: I occasionally behave like one; while behaving like a unicorn, I put a condom on my horn, stuck it into a dumbbell weight to keep it safe from tarnishing. But my soul was already tarnished; simultaneously, my words were also tarnished.
    --INTPx

Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    FYI

I knew I remembered this post from somewhere.
    dogforums.com