Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eggs

Type
    INTP
    I freakin love gordon ramsay. The guy is so entertaining.

As far as eggs go I eat like 6 a day. Love em.

Type
    INTP
    Haha I went through a very similar phase last year after watching that exact video. I got bored of it though so I wouldn't worry. Chives are what make it IMO.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    ^^^ Sure. The stuff he does in the UK is a lot more ... reserved.

The rest of the episodes are linked from the related videos panel in YouTube.
    thx. i'm def watching more of this guy. the pork chops and roasted chicken in this video is like *droool*

should enjoy this now before i go vegetarian
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    should enjoy this now before i go vegetarian
    Why are you planning this? I mean, have you tried bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    Chives are what make it IMO.
    I'll have to try it with them sometime, how long did your phase last?

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Why are you planning this? I mean, have you tried bacon?
    well, pescetarian is more like it. i like bacon but rarely eat pork and don't like the way most pork is prepared. i'm planning this because i'm opposed to the cruelty of the meat industry (but feel i should eat fish/seafood for health reasons) and it'd be an experiment to see how long i last. granted, it wouldn't be convenient. the egg industry is extremely cruel, too, though, and i keep hens... (this wasn't the sole reason but i've had the opportunity to learn a lot since i started. there's almost no point cuz what's cruel (other than factory farm conditions) is that half the population of chickens are killed immediately once sexed male and it's not like i can do anything about that or open a damn sanctuary.)

sorry, didn't mean to be debbie downer.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    I'll have to try it with them sometime, how long did your phase last?
    I think it was about 3 months. It tailed off fairly slowly though.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    'm planning this because i'm opposed to the cruelty of the meat industry (but feel i should eat fish/seafood for health reasons) and it'd be an experiment to see how long i last. granted, it wouldn't be convenient. the egg industry is extremely cruel, too, though,
    I've never understood this logic. If that's really what you're basing your decision on you probably shouldn't eat fruit or vegetables either.

The conditions of the migrant workers picking the vegetables we eat aren't all that much better.

Type
    INTj
    sorry, didn't mean to be debbie downer.
    Hmm? No I was genuinely curious. I don't have my mind made up definitely on almost anything, so I'm open to most new ideas. I guess the bacon comment in my question kinda changed the way in which you perceived me asking it.

I've thought about going pescetarian as well, however I don't see how my actions would effect anything, which is why I eat meat. If my not eating bacon occasionally would save a pig from torture each month I would stop eating bacon, but it wouldn't. I'm opposed to the cruelty of the agriculture business as well... I think there is money to be made by the first person that figures out how to raise and kill animals ethically...

I'm guessing you could last indefinitely if you restricted your diet to fish, but then again you may encounter something like scallops wrapped in bacon at a restaurant, or at a friends house, and switch back.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I've never understood this logic. If that's really what you're basing your decision on you probably shouldn't eat fruit or vegetables either.

The conditions of the migrant workers picking the vegetables we eat aren't all that much better.
    obviously. it's not that i think i'll make a difference, but it's more of a conscience and learning thing. people will make that assumption and also say "you won't change anything so what's the point." that's not even the point. if someone's learning about and/or opposed to exploitative working conditions of migrant workers i don't see the harm in thinking about it and letting that inform your choice (if you have choice) of food sources.

Hmm? No I was genuinely curious. I don't have my mind made up definitely on almost anything, so I'm open to most new ideas. I guess the bacon comment in my question kinda changed the way in which you perceived me asking it.

I've thought about going pescetarian as well, however I don't see how my actions would effect anything, which is why I eat meat. If my not eating bacon occasionally would save a pig from torture each month I would stop eating bacon, but it wouldn't. I'm opposed to the cruelty of the agriculture business as well... I think there is money to be made by the first person that figures out how to raise and kill animals ethically...

I'm guessing you could last indefinitely if you restricted your diet to fish, but then again you may encounter something like scallops wrapped in bacon at a restaurant, or at a friends house, and switch back.
    it's pretty hard, which is why i don't try to persuade anyone. i did it (ate only fish for my meat) for like a year in college successfully but that was less deliberate and more of a circumstantial thing. for me, it's kinda like i wanna learn more about this, and if it doesn't make much of a difference anyway why not immerse myself in my study? i personally can't imagine myself being too strict about this, where i am. people just think you're being picky (lol).

i think there are farmers that do raise and kill animals ethically, but that sounds very difficult to maintain due to crushing corporate pressure.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 04-20-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Type
    INTP
    If people really want to make a difference they should find ethical food sources and spend their money there. Hit up farmer's markets and do a little research. Vote with your wallet, as they say. It's more expensive and that's why I generally don't do it - I can't afford $10 a pound for meat, but once I'm making more money I plan to.